This Year: All Glory Be To Christ

Just recently I heard the following song "All Glory Be To Christ" sung by a Branson blue grass group named The Petersens (written by Kings Kaleidoscope). You can hear it at https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-99N24fc4&feature=share. You can read the lyrics here (it goes to the tune of "Auld Lang Syne."): 

Should nothing of our efforts stand
No legacy survive
Unless the Lord does raise the house
In vain its builders strive

To you who boast tomorrow's gain
Tell me what is your life
A mist that vanishes at dawn
All glory be to Christ!
All glory be to Christ our king!
All glory be to Christ!
His rule and reign will ever sing
All glory be to Christ!
His will be done
His kingdom come
On earth as is above
Who is Himself our daily bread
Praise Him the Lord of love
Let living water satisfy
The thirsty without price
We'll take a cup of kindness yet
All glory be to Christ!
All glory be to Christ our king!
All glory be to Christ!
His rule and reign will ever sing
All glory be to Christ!
When on the day the great I Am
The faithful and the true
The Lamb who was for sinners slain
Is making all things new
Behold our God shall live with us
And be our steadfast light
And we shall ere his people be
All glory be to Christ!
All glory be to Christ our king!
All glory be to Christ!
His rule and reign will ever sing
All glory be to Christ!


I like this song because it echoes passages like
 Galatians 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." 

The point of this song and this passage is that, in Christ, our lives are no longer about us. They are now about the glory of Christ. A life lived in pursuit of our personal ambitions and glory will fade away and be forgotten, yet lives lived for the will of God and to the glory of Christ will be remembered and celebrated in heaven forever.

As we head into 2022, I want us to focus our lives on living for Christ in every conceivable way. What if instead of focusing on resolutions related to our waistlines, hobbies, or personal improvement, we focused exclusively on surrendering our lives to Christ each day? What if each morning we committed ourselves to declaring "all glory be to Christ" by our attitudes, words, and actions? I know, it sounds a bit radical. I can't say that I know exactly how you do this while performing tasks like grocery shopping or working on school reports, but if we seek Christ first each day, I believe He will teach us how to live for His glory. 

Friends, let's let 2 Corinthians 5:15 lead our lives, "And He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Growth Group #5, Discover Prayer

What Happens to My Tithes and Offerings After I Give?

The Weekend Plan, September 18, 2022